Replacing broken sliding gate with Centurion D5 motor
Today I replaced the old broken gate and Centurion gate motor. Let’s go through the gate installation steps:
1. Attach wheels to the gate
2. Install photocells and do all wiring
3. Put the gate on track, roll in back and forth and mark on the post highest and lowest point. Then install the roller bracket keeping in mind the length of the rollers and if something else is attached to the gate on top. In my case, it is a channel that keeps the gate top from the roller marks.
4. First install the closest to the post roller. Check that the gate in a level in closed position when it is attached to that roller. Then install second roller keeping 2 mm distance between the gate, that attached to the first roller, and the second roller.
5. Next step is installation of the catcher and open stopper. It is very important to have both stoppers, otherwise the gate will fall on you when you will install motor.
6. Before attaching the D6 motor plate put in three bolts.
7. After the motor installed poir in the oil.
8. Installation of the rack. First mark there the motor cog in closed and open position. Then put the piece of rack together from mark to mark. You can see now how better to attache the rack. Sometimes it can save you time for cutting or extra length of the rack. Don’t use square washers and textscrews that comes with the rack.
Screw the rack on two screws on each piece first. Then go through again doing screws around joints. And after all screws left.
9. Use tekscrews to attached the magnet. It is easy then use the original one.